Monday, August 13, 2012

California: before + after

We had some friends from California come over for dinner last night. After we had our picture taken I remembered another photo we had taken together around April 2011, right before I found out I was pregnant, and about 20lbs into my weight loss. Looks like Natalie's lost some weight too!

When the before picture was taken I was dealing with chronic back pain from an injury in 2006 that was stopping me from being able to do much. I couldn't walk/stand/sit/lie down for very long. It kept me from doing a lot of things for a lot of years. Part of my injury had left me with an extreme case of excruciatingly painful sciatica that ran from my right hip down the back of my knee and all the way down to my ankle. A mixture of weight loss and pregnancy hormones put that to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment